Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing in the new year.

The holiday season is over, with many a sigh of relief. All that's left is to take down the decorations, eat the leftovers, and finish knitting a belated gift or two.

I spent the last week of 2011 away from home, visiting family in South Jersey and then spending New Year with my boyfriend and his family in Connecticut. Had a simple, quiet New Year's Eve, and got a good deal of knitting done while in South Jersey.

It's lovely to finally be home. I managed to unpack yesterday and today I need to do some housework, maybe even move some furniture around.

I picked up a knitting machine yesterday. I precariously balanced it on two TV trays and tried it out, it's interesting, and a bit complicated to set up. I haven't decided how I feel about it yet. I still need to pull a proper table into my room and set it up. There is a perfectly sized table in our backyard that I went out into the twenty-something degree weather to clean up. Only to finish cleaning it and discover it was full of ice. No way can I drag that into the house, so it seems I'll have to wait until it defrosts to bring it inside.

The knitting machine in no way replaces hand knitting, I just want a way to produce quick, simple projects that I can sell online and at conventions.

I posted on Geek Crafts yesterday! I'll be posting every Friday at 4pm and Sunday at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment